It is to be recalled that H.E Dr. Abiy Ahmed, the Prime Minister of Ethiopia visited the Sudan on June 7, 2019, with the objective of seeking peaceful resolution of the political situations in the Sudan. In light of the brotherly relations, and good neighborliness between Ethiopia and the Sudan, H.E the Prime Minister has taken the Initiative to mediate between the Sudanese political forces to facilitate smooth transition in this Country.
Accordingly, the PM has assigned H.E. Ambassador Mohamoud Dirir as his Special Envoy to shuttle between the two sides to assist the parties to resume their talks in good faith and in the spirit of ironing out the remaining sticking points of previously started discussions and negotiations. H.E Ambassador Mohamoud Dirir has held fruitful discussions with Lt. General Abdel-Fattah Al-Burhan, the Chairman of the Transitional Military Council, all the Members of the Transitional Military Council; and indeed, with the Representatives of the Forces for Freedom and Change. The Special Envoy has also exchanged views with the other political groups and personalities in the Sudan.
The of Points of Agreement
1. The two sides have agreed to uphold what they have agreed upon before the suspension of the negotiation, regarding the Structures, Powers and Responsibilities of the Transitional Government etc.
2. Talks will resume soon in good-faith to iron-out the remaining outstanding points, including the Sovereign Council and other relevant matters.
3. The two sides have agreed to refrain from inflammatory statements and de-escalate tensions;
4. The Transitional Military Council has agreed to take confidence-building measures including the release of Political Prisoners.
5. The Forces for Freedom and Change, on its part, has agreed to call-off the Civil-Disobedience;
Tuesday, June 11, 2019.